Have a non-profit project? PITCH IT at PITCH NIGHT!
Welcome to the Rotary Club of Ft. Lauderdale/Cypress Creek’s (“Club”) 4th Annual Pitch Night!
All members are encouraged to select a service project and apply to “pitch” your cause to the Club on Pitch Night, Tuesday, October 25, 2022. Applications are due by 5:00 pm on Friday, October 7, 2022. Five applications will be pre-selected by the Club’s Pitch Night Committee (“Committee”). These five qualifiers will each have 3-minutes to “pitch” their cause, followed by 5-minutes of Q & A.
The winning service project will receive $1,000.00 to be used solely for the pitched project and the support of the Club members to execute the project! An application will only be accepted through an active member of the Club.
The event will be held at Herb Skolnick Community Center, 800 SW 36th Ave, Pompano Beach.
1. The project must be primarily in Broward County (and surrounding area as determined by the Club and the Committee, in their sole discretion).
2. The project needs to allow Club members to participate as volunteers. It could be multiple volunteer opportunities, reoccurring/ongoing service, or one-time volunteer events.
3. Project must begin (Club volunteer participation) by no later than February 2023 and be fully completed no later than May 30, 2023.
4. The project does not have to require the full use of $1,000.00. It can cost from $0.00 up to $1,000.00 to execute. The goal is to positively impact our community and involve and engage the Club’s members, working and volunteering with you.
5. Service project categories are open. It can be youth, elderly, homeless, environmental…you name it. If it is important to you, Pitch it!
6. You must lead the charge to execute your Service Project. You can work with others outside the club. The club member can make the pitch or it can be made by someone outside the Club under the sponsoring member’s supervision.
7. Make the Pitch informative and fun!